Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Karma x 2!

As you all know, part of my life is devoted to doing some pretty cool stuff for a pretty cool company called Mabel's Labels. I was lucky enough to start working with Mabel's several years ago when I first started freelancing after Evan was born. For the past year, I've been working on a contract with them doing mainly project management, including helping with the launch of all of their fabulous products in full colour (check them out here... they're super cute!).

But the real point of my quick blog today is to tell you a pretty cool story so here it goes! One of the founders of Mabel's Labels is Julie Cole (check out her awesome blog here... she's a mama of 6 and has lots of interesting stuff to say!). She once sent an email to someone that was intended to go to me. Turns out, Julie Cole has 2 people with the same name in her email address book! Now this may not seem strange to you if your name is Lisa or Julie or Mike, but for someone named Karma, this is crazy! So, long story short, Julie Cole has now introduced me to my new friend, Karma Brown! (So, not only are we both Karmas, we're both Karma Bs!!!)

I'm not sure how crazy it is for the "other" Karma, but for me, this experience has been surreal. After all, I've spent almost 40 years of my life as the "only" Karma! But now, the "other" Karma has become my close Twitter friend. And not only is she super nice, with a super cool name, she has an amazing life story that relates perfectly to my last blog post about inner strength. She is an inspiration for sure. Check out her story here and you'll understand what I mean.

So, I definitely think karma was at work that day that Julie Cole made her email mistake!

1 comment:

  1. Karma - thank you! I feel the same way. Surreal and very glad to have met you : ) We'll always have Julie to thank (blame) for that!

    ReplyDelete