Friday, October 8, 2010

The single life!


So, I've decided that I need to take my blog a bit more seriously! I started this blog in August 2009 just on a whim. I written a few times over the course of the past year but lately I've been feeling like I'd like to write more often. The challenge is always figuring out what to write about.

So, thanks to my good friend Claudia for giving me the inspiration for this post! She thought it would be fun for me to write about what life would be like if I was single. Not just without a kidlet, but completely single. Not 25 and single, but the age I am now, with the lifestyle I have now, just on my own (never married, not divorced). Don't mistake this as an indication of me being unhappy with my current life. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm happy with my life... my hubs, my kidlet, my work... everything is good. I just think it's fun to surmise what my day to day life would be like on my own. So, here's what I think a typical week day would be like:

7:00am - wake up well rested after a wonderful, uninterrupted sleep
7:15 - 8:15 - get ready for work, watching the news that I want to watch without the channel being flipped
9 - 5 (yes, in this fantasy day, I work only 9-5! Can't remember the last time this was reality!) - work a full day in the office (or in my home office depending on the day). At work, I'd talk about what I did the night before or the weekend before or what I plan to do tomorrow or on my next vacation!
5:30 - head to the gym to do either a spin class or a cardio pump class
7:00 - head home or meet up with a friend for Thai food for dinner. If I was heading home, I'd make myself some toast for dinner. Or on a good day, I might make myself some eggs!
8:00 - soak in a hot tub and watch my favourite shows and just think about what I might do on the upcoming weekend. Maybe call a few single friends to see about making plans for the weekend.
10/11:00 - head to bed. Read a book, and settle in for another perfect, uninterrupted sleep!

Flip to a single girl weekend and it's all about me! I'd probably go to the gym or go for a run or 2. I'd do some grocery shopping, I'd do a bit of me shopping, I'd clean my house, I'd visit friends, maybe see a movie, go out for dinner, maybe do a bit of work and do a whole lot of relaxing!

All this sounds absolutely wonderful, doesn't it! Imagine never having to worry about anyone else. Imagine not having to be at someone else's beck and call or having to adhere to someone else's schedule. Imagine not having to worry about picking someone up from school or about what to make a picky eater for dinner!

Just 1 problem... if that was my life, I'd be missing out on everything I actually have now... I'd be missing out on the super-duper Evan snuggles, I'd be missing out on the feeling I get every time Evan says "I love you, Mummy", I'd be missing out on all of the laughs and love I have with Ron and I wouldn't have anyone to share my day to day stresses, joys and accomplishments with. So really, what fun would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment